Friday, April 13, 2012

Goodbye on a Friday

When I was pregnant with my children, I got endless advice on what I should do as a parent.  Now our kids are 6 and 3 and I still get endless advice on being a parent.  I admit some of the parenting tips I get are very helpful others .....not so much.

No matter how much advice I have received over the last 7 years, nothing prepared me for what it is like to drop my babies off at daycare, say good bye  and head off to work. 

I think most mothers feel this way, but I have decided to look at the positives of my kids experiences in day care and school:



1. The teachers at day care have shown our kids love and children ALWAYS benefit from love.
2. Our kids have learned a ton of skills at daycare.  (sharing, cooperation, numbers, letters, etc)
3. I get to pick them up and the end of each day and say hello instead of goodbye.


I am linking this post up with The Gypsy Mama's 5 Minute Fridays.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! My advice on advice - "you can take it or leave it even give it but when it comes right down to it every person has to "reinvent the wheel" for themselves!"

    ReplyDelete